Saturday, October 24, 2009

The new roommate..

Is a student. 19 year old something who studies Math, knows more about Satan than the devil himself and speaks Gothic. Loves Marvel comics and its super-amazing-heroes, is flabbergasted (which, when he says it, sounds like a swear word!) when I introduce him to this song.

Incidentally he is also a fanatic. Cricket. Suddenly asks me to drop him to ITC Kakatiya in the middle of the night because he hopes to catch Brett Lee there and congratulate him at his victory in the ICL. Crazy young fella.

Sample this nutty conversation (with some edits :p) from a few days ago.

******************************************
This is me. This is him. This is my alter ego.
******************************************

Earth calling moon, can you read us, over

We read you Sergeant, over

Where have you been, over

In orbit, over

Spare me your ingenious comebacks over & over, over

Easy to say that, sitting on Mother Planets lap, over

(I had no idea what he was on about, so I said)

What?

(No response for sometime. He does that. He hadn't been home in 2 days and I was worried.)

At this rate, this argument's never gonna get over, over

(After sometime)

I got all the time now, keep firing, over

But you're supposed to follow the ROE till it's over, over

ROE, ROE, code not recognized, over

That’s standard military jargon, Rules Of Engagement. What kind of a soldier / action gaming enthusiast are you, over

Break in the radio transmission, I guess, over :-)

Ugh. Ok. Have you noticed something? All my transmissions end with the word over, over.

But your transmissions do not have the last word as over, over

In my transmission there is no over?, over

(Wasn't sure he saw where I was driving him, so)

Ok - am calling time here mate

Mostly military transmission end with over, don't they?

Yeah they do...

I am punning on that. Using ''over'' to subtly imply or rather pun on its: 1) English meaning 2) Connection with Cricket 3) As well as for indicating end of transmission

Those are the ROE. Clear now, soldier?

I understand... but none of my sentences get over I guess. Could you highlight and correct me

No mate, we're still a little off here

Your transmission is perfect, but they don't pun – in my way

Mine do, that's why I said you're not following the ROE

That’s because, it’s your ROE mate

Hahaha!!! You are getting warm! :D. This is a maiden over, over!!!

That’s because you are a sniper man: aim, mark and fire. No reaction time. And all this learning will take time for me, over

I completely agree. No offence here, but snipers should not be dopers; they get passed over, over

I’m an element in the theory called Law of Exceptions, over

(I thought he'd quickly drifted off somewhere else, so)

With all this legalese, are you trying to work me over, over?

You are red neck, so I know I can’t make you bend over, over

(Wham. There comes the stinger, when you least expect it)

:-D what the H...!! I'm ducking!!! head & heels over, over

Over & out!!!

Roger that, over & out

:D

2 comments:

AquaM said...

An alternative version to the indomitable C n H!

M. said...

Ooo.. yeah! He can be Spaceman Spiff or Stupendous Man, LOL. I gotta share this with him.. thanks!